Scroll down for ad specs and prices…
Click this link for the digital version of the full color 2020 GUIDE.
REACH OUT FROM July 2020 – June 2021 TO:
– SCHOOLS & EDUCATORS
– YOUTH & ADULT GROUP LEADERS
– GROUP TRAVEL PLANNERS & TRAVEL CLUB LEADERS
In this digital age, we’re still using “print” to get them to get them to your website – and to have you in their meetings.
In fact, after an important study, an industry association has announced that “websites supported by a printed catalog have 163% higher sales than those that do not“. Our Partners actively receive this benefit, with our Guides driving planners to Partner websites.
Now in its 7th year, the annual Guide has proven to be an exceptionally popular directory with educators, group leaders, group travel planners, and planners of educational & recreational field trips & activities (all ages). In addition to our distribution of 1,000’s of Guides, we also get hundreds of requests from educators and group planners for Guides every year.
“Our staff LOVES the Guide. We bring it to every planning meeting – it gives us so many ideas.”
The annual printed Guides are designed to be “desktop companions” and quick references for educational planning teams, teachers, group leaders, and tour planners… and to drive users to your website! The Guides are distributed in-person and mailed directly into schools & to group planners.
A digital version of the same Guide is published on our website (with active links) and promoted in our monthly email Alerts, with more than 4,500 views averaging 7 minutes per view in 2019. We have promoted the Guide heavily, and will increase it’s promotion in 2019 even more!
In 2019 we printed more than ever before… because planners keep requesting them!
Minnesota’s Best providers and destinations are featured in the annual Guide in a directory format… and include educational performers, entertainers, field trip & travel destinations, attractions, and fundraising programs serving the following group markets:
– Schools and educators – Elementary/Middle Schools and educators (public/private/charter schools) to grade level planning teams, curriculum developers, community education staff, summer activity planners, PTO/PTA/Booster Club Leaders. Includes 300+ homeschool co-ops.
– Youth groups & organizations – Park & Recreation Departments, Afterschool & Child Care Programs, Churches and Youth Organizations (YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs, 4-H, etc)
– Active adult and boomer groups – Active Adult & Senior Group Leaders – retirement organizations & groups, senior centers, adult care facilities, etc
– Group travel – Qualified Tour Operators & Planners, Bank Club Directors, Travel Clubs… in MN, the immediate region (states around MN), and national.
• TARGETED DIGITAL PROMOTION for the DIGITAL PLUS ONLINE GUIDE
Passive Promotion: Webpage at www.MNFieldTripLibrary.org/guide
Targeted, Active Outreach: The Guide will be promoted in more than 600,000 email Alerts to 4 group markets in 2019-2020.
In the Guide Promotions we do in the Alerts:
• we offer to mail printed Guide(s) at no charge
• we link the readers to the Online Digital Guide
This service will give you an opportunity to connect with select Educators and/or Planners you want to do work with (existing or new).
Simply send us with names of 12 or 24 Educators, Group Leaders or Tour Operators you want to reach, and we will send them a Guide – compliments of YOU – with your name and the page number of your ad right on the Guide’s front cover… at no charge! Your name will be on the cover ALL YEAR, reminding them of you.
We’ll send a 2019 Guide – compliments of YOU – to:
We send only one Guide to a Planner… so for you it’s first come, first served!
Send your Planner names for the Guide when you upload your ad… by Friday, May 1, 2020. You can see what info we need and how to send in your spreadsheet of Planner Names HERE:
• THE PRINTED GUIDE with 13,000 targeted distribution
– Readership: With an average of 5 individuals per Guide, readership averages out to 65,000 planners.
– Your Display Ad
– Table of Contents Listing (with contact information you provide)
• THE “DIGITAL PLUS” ONLINE GUIDE with 4,500+ reads at 7 minutes per read (in 2019…)
– Your same Display Ad with LIVE URL links to your website
– Your Listing with LIVE URL links to your website
• PERSONALIZED GUIDE DISTRIBUTION – sent to 12 or more contacts of your choice (see above)
– With 4,500 reads at an average of 7 minutes per read, you get serious time with educators and planners.
Provide us your ad and we will include it with the Online Digital Guide at a discounted rate (see pricing below).
– We will print 13,000 full color Guides in June after designing and laying out the 2020 Guide, with distribution beginning in July
– All advertisers must design, produce, and provide their own display ad
– Standard 1/2 page and full page display ads will be arranged in alphabetical order except for premium position ads
– Partners have first choice for all Premium display ad positions – at a “Partners-only” discounted price
– The cover image requires a different advertiser every year.
– Premium position advertisers have the right of first refusal for the premium position that they occupied the previous year
– The publisher reserves the final right to decide on all matters.
– For questions, please contact:
– Mark Peterson, Publisher • 612-518-8353 or [email protected]
– Doug Lyon • 312-771-5355 or [email protected]
NOTE: All dimensions of the 2020 GUIDE remain the same as last year’s Guide.
– NO – Bleeds (your ad will be centered in position) – See the 2019 Guide. There are 2 Standard Display Ads per page.
– YES – Put a hairline border around your ad.
– NO – Crop marks
– YES – Your finished and approved ad must be submitted as a PDF file.
– NO – Proofs – make sure your ad is approved for printing when submitted
– YES – Submit your ad via this upload link
– This display ad occupies an entire page.
– NO – bleeds (your ad will NOT bleed off the page) – See the 2018 Guide for examples.
– YES – Put a hairline rule around your ad.
– NO – crop marks
– YES – Your finished and approved display ad must be submitted to us as a PDF file.
– NO – proofs – make sure your ad is approved for printing when submitted
– YES – Submit your ad via this upload link
Available for full page display ads only.
Front Cover – Photo (no type on photo) – trim size: 6″ (H) x 9.75″ (W) – MFTL will design front cover (with credit identifying the advertiser), and reserves the right to re-size, crop and make digital adjustments to the image – with input from advertiser. Advertiser also must have at least a Standard Ad inside Guide.
Back Cover – Photo Ad, partial bleed – trim size: 6″ (H) x 6.75″ (W) – Advertiser also must have at least a Standard Ad inside Guide.
Inside Front Cover – Full Page (no bleeds) – trim size: 5.5″ (H) x 9.25″ (W)
Spread (Center Spread or other spread placement in Guide) – 2 Full Pages (full bleed) – trim size: 6.25″ (H) x 19.5″ (W)
Inside Back Cover – Full Page (no full bleed) – trim size: 5.5″ (H) x 9.25″ (W)
• MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Images & graphic elements must be high resolution (300 dpi), with all ads prepared for 4-color process printing.
• Make sure your type & images are embedded into your PDF document.
• Want your URL live in the digital version of the Guide? Use ARIAL or HELVETICAL typeface with 10+ point size to insure it will be live.
• Your ad(s) must be submitted as an approved PDF document ready to print.
• We do NOT send out proofs. Submit your ad approved and ready to print.
Use this online AD SUBMISSION FORM to send us your approved ad (in PDF format) for the 2019 Guide by Friday, May 1, 2020.
If you are a Full Partner in the MN Field Trip Library Program, you get a STANDARD DISPLAY AD (1/2 page) in the Guide at no additional charge. Partners also get a discounted rate for upgrading to a larger size ad, or to a premium position.
STANDARD DISPLAY AD (1/2 page – each)
Partner Rate – No Charge for current Partners.
Non-Partner Rate – $695
• DISPLAY AD UPGRADES
Partners can upgrade to a 2nd, larger, or premium position ad at a discounted Partner-only rate.
EACH ADD’L STANDARD 1/2 page DISPLAY AD (to enlarge to a full page or for 2nd or more ad)
Partner Rate – $595
Non-Partner Rate – $795
FULL PAGE AD
Partner Rate – (includes Partner 1/2 page Standard Display Ad when upgrading to a full page) – $595
Non-Partner Rate – $1295
Partner Rate – $1595
Non-Partner Rate – $2495
FRONT COVER (one dominant photograph in the Guide’s cover design/photo only – no copy or logo in photo)
Partner Rate – $1695
Non-Partner Rate – $2595
INSIDE FRONT COVER (full page ad)
Partner Rate – $695 (includes 1/2 page standard display ad)
Non-Partner Rate – $1795
PAGES 3-5 (includes full page ad, price for each page)
Partner – $595 each (includes 1/2 page standard display ad)
Non-Partner – $1595
2-PAGE CENTER SPREAD
Partner – $1995
Non-Partner – $2695
INSIDE BACK COVER (includes full page ad)
Partner Rate– $595 (includes 1/2 page standard display ad)
Non-Partner Rate – $1295
Partner – $1295 (one full page display ad – must allow for postage area – see current back cover)
Non-Partner Rate – $1995
Your ad will appear only in the “Digital Plus” Guide (not the printed Guide)
Only the 1/2 page Standard Display Ad and the Full Page Display ads are available in the “Digital Plus” Guide.
Ads will be positioned to follow the ads in the Printed Guide. Listings will be included as space permits.
All material specifications for ads in the Digital Plus Guide remain the same as for the printed Guide.
Basic Display Ad – 1/2 page
Non-Partner Rate – $395
Full Page Display Ad
Non-Partner Rate – $595
ALL ADVERTISERS WILL BE SENT A COPY OF THE GUIDE
• You will be mailed a copy of the 2020 Guide when printing is complete.
Remember, the due date for your display ad is Friday, May 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact Mark Peterson at 612-518-8353, or at [email protected]