THE 2018 PARTNER PROGRAM
The MN Field Trip & Activity Library is a unique niche marketing & outreach program (not a booking agency or service) for destinations, attractions, and professionals who offer assemblies, programs, activities, performances, classes, shows, fundraising and unique event services to reach out to a growing number of 40,000+ specific planners & buyers in 5 select group markets.
If you join the Library, you become a “Partner”. Click HERE to see what our more than 80 Partners are saying.
THE 5 GROUP MARKETS
- Youth Groups & Organizations – Afterschool & summer programs, libraries, park & recreation departments, scouts, YMCA, church, daycare, organizations, etc
- Educators, Schools & Homeschool Co-ops – K-12 teachers, administrators & staff – curriculum-supporting public, private, charter education organizations & programs
- Seniors, Active Adults – Program directors & activity coordinators in independent living communities & co-ops, non-residential & residential programs (all types), social clubs, retiree groups
- Leisure Group Travel – All ages – Tour planners for groups, tour operators, bank clubs, travel clubs, SMERF groups, education groups
- NEW IN 2018 – www.LetsDoMN.com – Separate website & Partner Program for corporate buyers. Includes outreach to event planners; HR and other staff who manage outside discounts & special offers for companies, employees and their families.
Suppliers, Providers & Destinations can become Partners in the MN Field Trip & Activity Library. All get the benefits of 5 proven marketing components which are active for a full year. In 2018, Partners can also be grandfathered into our new corporate Partner Program: www.LetsDoMN.com
We offer professional marketing tools that are “synchronized” so that you can control the content & timing of your outreach. For Activity Planners (your potential customers), the MN Field Trip & Activity Library is free activity resource that they can access 24/7. For you as a provider, the Library is a professional marketing and outreach service… proactively reaching out to planners.
The following marketing components are included in the annual Partner Program:
2018 ANNUAL FIELD TRIP & ACTIVITY GUIDE
12,500 distributed to educators, activity & travel planners via conferences, mailings and online availability. Designed to introduce Partners and provide activities & ideas to planners, inviting them to use our website(s), sign up for emails and attend our planning events. Pictured below is the current mockup image of the 2018-2019 GUIDE Cover… click on this cover image to see the ad layout on a 2-page spread.
See the CONFERENCES & WINNERS webpage on our website for the list of conferences where we take the Library exhibit.
GOALS: Distribute Guides; Partner participation; Contacts gathered & drawings offered; Confidential Contact List for Partners
Our MN Field Trip Library website averages 6,500 visits per month by group planners looking for ideas, information and literature. Partners have activity on the homepage, Download Center, Partner Webpage & Directory. www.MnFieldTripLibrary.org
4. EMAIL, HOMEPAGE ALERT POSTS & SOCIAL MEDIA
Using our monthly proactive co-op emails, Partners make an announcement(s) every month during the year to the planners in the emails they choose, providing content & timing for each. Unrestricted monthly rotation is available to Partners for the following 5 group market emails:
• MN Field Trips & Activities – For Youth Group Planners – 16,000 subscribers
• MN Student Experiences – for Educators, Schools & Homeschool Co-ops – 14,000 subscribers
• MN Senior Experiences – for Senior, Active Adult Group Planners – 4,800 subscribers
• MN Group Travel ALERTS – for Tour Operators, Bank Clubs, Group Leaders, Travel Clubs & Agents – 5,400 subscribers
In addition to sending out emails, and posting your email announcements on our Field Trip Library’s website homepage, we use social media, including:
Facebook – @MNFIELDTRIPS
Twitter – @MNFieldTrips
• 2018 SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR – January 8, 2018 – For Youth & Senior Activity Coordinators & Program Directors who coordinate summer programs (January is their most active planning time) – most of these planners do not attend the annual EXPO in August.
• 2018 MN FIELD TRIP & ACTIVITY EXPO – August – For planners of field trips, activities, programs and travel planning for students, youth, seniors, active adults.
Beginning in 2011, the annual EXPO has since become a very popular planning event for well-qualified & most-interested educators & activity planners to meet with providers and discuss educational and recreational opportunities for their schools and organizations. This now includes activity planners for seniors and active adults.
Here’s a brief history of the MN Field Trip EXPO:
– 2011 – Base Camp, Bloomington • 58 exhibitors and 165 attendees
– 2012 – Mall of America, Bloomington • 68 exhibitors and 265 attendees
– 2013 – Target Field, Minneapolis • 106 exhibitors and 385 attendees
– 2014 – Champions Hall, Eden Prairie • 126 exhibitors and 410 attendees
– 2015 – Minnesota History Center, Saint Paul • 125 exhibitors & 550+ attendees
– 2016 – Minnesota History Center, Saint Paul • 132 exhibitors & 550+ attendees
– 2017 – Historic Saint Paul Union Depot – Monday, August 7, 2017
MORE ABOUT THE 2018 PARTNER PROGRAM
AS A RESULT OF ALL THIS, YOU CAN REACH MORE PLANNERS IN OUR 5 SELECT GROUP MARKETS… WITH CALCULATED FREQUENCY!
You can repetitively reach more planners with unique frequency (without the annoyance) when you participate in our program. We are always growing our databases… now totaling more than 40,000+ planners and decision-makers in 5 specific group markets. Do the math and calculate the number of visitors in each group – all told, these planners number from 3-5 million.
- Youth • 16,000+ potential planners/buyers
- For school year & summer field trips, assemblies, shows, classes, camps & and unique programs (Recreational/Educational)
- Education & Students • 14,000+ potential planners/buyers
- For curriculum-supporting programs, classes and field trips for schools, educators & homeschool co-ops & homeschoolers (Specifically educational)
- Seniors & Active Adults • 4,800+ potential planners/buyers
- Retirement Co-ops, Residential Communities, Senior Center and Care Center senior daytrips and onsite shows, classes, programs and entertainment
- Group Travel • 5,400+ potential planners/buyers (for groups of all ages)
- For tour operators & planners, group leaders, bank & travel clubs looking for unique MN travel attractions, events & itineraries
- www.LetsDoMN.com • Corporate, Government & Associations • 6,000+ buyers
- Meetings & Events – For buyers of venues, speakers, entertainers, etc. for training, conferences, team-building, etc. (includes independent planners)
- Employee Benefit Services, Employee Club Leaders – Special recreation and services pricing/programs for employee groups & families
YOU SELECT THE TARGET MARKETS, CONTROL THE CONTENT & CHOOSE THE TIMING OF YOUR MONTHLY OUTREACH ALL YEAR LONG…
The Partner Program provides you with 5 very flexible outreach activities that work together for your benefit. As a Library Partner, you can choose the same or different “target(s)” every month of the year when you are a Partner… such as:
- Using the emails, you can select a new or different market(s) every month
- You create a variety of differing content – based on the niche market, the season or time of year, and/or the programs you offer
- You determine your timing based on your programs and on the needs of your target market(s), such as summer or winter offerings, etc.
THE PARTNER PROGRAM USES 5 UNIQUE MARKETING TOOLS THAT WORK FOR PARTNERS 24/7, ALL YEAR LONG!
Our experience gives us the confidence that if you “work the program”, you will experience the benefits of the vehicles we employ: print, internet, email, social media, and in-person marketing – they will all work together for YOU! You can control the content and timing of your promotional activity.
• THE FIELD TRIP & ACTIVITY GUIDE
– Each Partner gets an ad in the Guide, then 12,500 Guides are distributed at conferences & by mail all year.
– Each Partner has the option to participate in the Corporate Directory – quantity and distribution to be determined
• CONFERENCES – Representing the niche markets served by the Library
– We take the Library exhibit to 20+ conferences and events per year and distribute the annual Guides
– We gather permission-based contacts at conferences for our Partners and our Master Database – (30,000 signups in 8 years)
– On our website you see the conferences where we exhibit right now: https://www.mnfieldtriplibrary.org/conferences/
• WEBSITES – 2 unique websites with different brands and resource tools
• www.MnFieldTripLibrary.org • Used by Student, Youth & Active Adult Programs and Travel buyers – 6,500 views per month
• www.LetsDoMN.com • Used by corporate meeting planners and Company Benefits Managers & Employee Club Leaders
• MONTHLY EMAIL ALERTS – 40,000+ loyal subscribers. Average open rate of 30% & click rate of 20%. 375,000+ emails sent out per year.
A SURPRISING STATISTIC
40% of the subscribers forward their emails to 4-5 fellow staff members and appreciative peers significantly increasing the readership. These emails are permission-based: planners select to receive from one to all 5 at no charge or obligation – they contain specific announcements, opportunities, special programs & news relevant to each type of planner.
Partners choose from among the following five (5) permission-based emails where you can have your announcement(s) published. Each of the following emails is sent out once per month to planners who have elected to receive from 1 to 5 of our emails each month.
• MN Field Trips & Activities (summer & school year programming & activities) – one sent per month – aimed at the youth market
• MN Student Experiences (schools & homeschool co-ops) – one sent per month – aimed at the youth market
• MN Senior Experiences (senior & active adult activities) – one sent per month – aimed at the senior & active adult market
• MN Group Travel ALERTS (tour planners & operators, bank & travel clubs, group leaders locally to nationally) – one per month – active adults
• LetsDoMN Corporate Resources (services & venues for meetings & events, employee benefit programs) – 1/mth
UNRESTRICTED MONTHLY ROTATION FOR PARTNERS
Let’s say you select to send 3 email announcements per month… you can then pick any 3 of the 5 group markets each month – and change those target markets every month if you choose.
FOR EXAMPLE: If you choose to do 2 emails per month (see the attached ALERTS schedule), you have unrestricted monthly rotation in 2 of any of the 5 niche markets, for example:
January – Field Trips & Activities, Senior Experiences
February – Student Experiences, Corporate Resources
March – Field Trip Activities, MN Group Travel ALERTS
April – Corporate Resources, Field Trips & Activities
and on through the rest of the year – you set up your content and schedule and submit your announcements to us.
See how this works? At 2 per month, you will have published 24 announcements in the Library’s coop email ALERTS by year’s end. That’s about 375,000 total Partner emails to 40,000+ subscribers. In light of this, we suggest that you take the time to carefully plan your announcements (monthly or a quarter at a time).
5. OUTREACH EVENTS – We produce 2 annual events a year at no added charge for Partners to exhibit. Over the past 7 years, more than 3,800 teachers & planners have attended!
1. January – SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR (for planners of summer programs).
2. August – MN Field Trip & Activity EXPO (our BIG event for all types of niche programs) – 20-18 is our 8th year for this popular event, and this year we are inviting meeting planners and the corporate people to come and meet Partners in person.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE? GET INTO OUR “PARTNER PROGRAM”
Our Partner Program is a year-long outreach service that works 24/7 to put you – and keep you – in front of planners from the specific niche markets you select.
SO WHY NOT JOIN US IN THE LIBRARY’S PARTNER PROGRAM? JOIN TODAY!
The unique Partner Program offers a flat price for providers and destinations for an entire year (from the date you begin). Do as much or as little as you choose – based on the program and types of planners you want to reach – see the Partner Program pricing structure shown below.
WHERE DO WE FIND ALL OF THESE NICHE MARKET BUYERS & PLANNERS?
– 30,000+ PLANNERS & BUYERS use our services from the following niche markets… (often in more than one niche market)
• PROFESSIONAL & INDEPENDENT EDUCATORS & SCHOOLS
– Educators – Pre-K to 12 Public, Private, Charter & Specialty Schools – Teachers, Principals, Executive Directors, Curriculum Directors, Support Staff
– All disciplines, including History, Social Studies, the Arts, the Sciences, Performing Arts, Physical Education, Extra-Curricular Programs
– Community Education – Community Ed Directors, After School & Summer Programs Activity Coordinators, Support Staff
– Afterschool & Summer Activity Programs – Directors & Staff (independents)
– Homeschool Co-ops, Family groups & Homeschool Families
• STUDENT/YOUTH GROUP LEADERS & ORGANIZATIONS
– City Park & Recreation Departments – Summer Programs, After school Programs, etc, for all ages
– Libraries – Programs for all ages, including intergenerational – Regional Directors, Local Library Staff
– Scouts – Boy and Girl – all age levels
– Youth Organizations – 4-H, YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs, etc
– Churches – Youth Groups, pastors, staff, volunteer leaders
– Private Childcare – Programs & Staff (i.e., New Horizon, KinderCare, churches, YMCA, etc)
• ACTIVE BOOMERS • SENIOR & ACTIVE ADULT GROUP PLANNERS
– City Park & Recreation Departments – Summer Programs, After school Programs, etc, for all ages)
– Community Education Lifelong Learning Programs – Community Ed Directors, After School & Summer Programs Activity Coordinators, Support Staff
– SMERF – Social, Military, Educational, Religious & Fraternal Groups
– Employee Retirement Organizations – Private, Public and Association
– Senior Centers & Adult Daycare Centers – Directors, Staff, Volunteers and Leaders
– Retirement Communities – Program Directors and Activity Coordinators
– Independent Living Communities, Apartments & Cooperatives – Program Directors and Activity Coordinators
– Nursing Homes and Care Facilities – Program Directors and Activity Coordinators
– Group Homes & Special Needs Residences – Program Directors and Activity Coordinators
• LEISURE GROUP TRAVEL PLANNERS & BUYERS
– Professional Tour Operators & Tour Planners (from throughout the domestic U.S.)
– Receptive Tour Operators – based in MN and the region
– Charter & Bus Operators – based in MN and the region
– Group Leaders of Organizations & Pre-Formed Groups – churches, military, fraternal, etc) – mostly MN and central region of U.S.
– Bank Travel Clubs – mostly MN and central region of U.S.
– Alumni and Retirement Groups and Organizations
– FIT Travel Groups & Social Clubs (Motorcycle, Red Hats, women’s weekends, etc)
– Performance Groups from schools, colleges and universities – band, choir, orchestra directors
– Travel Agents (who are associated with group travel or tour operators but who are not tour operators)
• LetDoMN • CORPORATE, GOVERNMENT & ASSOCIATION BUYERS & PLANNERS
Event & Meeting Planners (in-house staff & independent event producers)
• Individuals who source & purchase services (i.e., venues, speakers, entertainment, catering, etc. for meetings, special events, training, conferences, team-building, etc.
Employee Benefits & Services Staff
• Staff who obtain special programs and unique pricing for employee groups & employee’s families – and then communicate this to an organization’s employees & staff.
FROM A PLANNER:
“What a great tool to have at our fingertips! Many times we don’t know of all the new happenings in the field trip world. Thanks to the Library & the Expo I’ve been helped many times to plan trips! Thank you!
Tammy Frommelt, Education Director of The Goddard Schools
MORE QUOTES FROM PLANNERS
FROM A PROVIDER:
“Mark, I appreciate the exposure you have given us from the website and the Guide resulting in the inquiries about the quality of programming we do. When it’s a match, we can help make a difference for their organization”
Greg Olson, Critters & Company
FROM A PROVIDER:
“Just thought you might like to know that I just did two programs in Browns Valley (MN) yesterday and the teacher who hired me said she planned her whole year using the MFTL Guide!! I’m not sure who else she contacted but she said all the programs and events for this school year she got out of the GUIDE.”
Brian Richards, Educational Speaker & Magician
MORE QUOTES FROM PROVIDERS
Thank you for your interest! Both Doug and I, along with our Partners, encourage you to join this very productive initiative!
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55427