Click HERE to see photos from the 2018 Summer Resource Fair!
If you plan summer activities, camps, field trips & tours for youth or adults… this was a great “one-stop-shopping” event!
On Monday, January 8th, Dozens of Summer Activity Planners came to the 2018 SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR
It was held at Base Camp BSA from 11a-5p, and attending planners had the opportunity to interview exhibitors!
More than 100 providers and suppliers who exhibited thank you for attending!
Watch your monthly email Alerts for the date, location and time of next year’s SRF!
SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR FREE PARKING DETAILS:
There are 3 FREE parking locations to use during your visit to the Summer Resource Fair at Base Camp…
Additionally, there will be a shuttle running continuously all day between the Fort Snelling parking lot and Base Camp. The distance between the Fort Snelling Lot and Base Camp is about 3 blocks. See the following parking map…
Meet 100+ experienced vendors representing MN’s BEST summer field trips, tour destinations, activities, programs & performers for all types & ages of groups!
Come anytime between 11am & 5pm… come on your lunch hour, or for the entire day… just allow enough time for great conversations with these providers!
Besides… it’s FREE to attend!
Last year 150 planners came to our first Summer Resource Fair looking for providers who could help them with more than 3,000 activities and field trips for the summer of 2017. We expect more for 2018…
• ONE STOP SHOPPING
This event is designed to provide you the opportunity to conveniently meet providers of spring and summer activities, field trips & on-site programs (for all age groups).
Here’s who will benefit by attending:
– Any who plan & coordinate summer programs, including…
– Park & Recreation Department Staff
– Community Education Directors & Staff
– Library Program Staff
– Daycare Providers
– Summer School Staff
– Schools – Planners of their Spring Field Trips
– Scout Leaders (boy & girl)
– Youth Organizations (scouts, YMCA, YWCA, 4-H, Boys & Girls Clubs, etc)
– Tour Operators, Bank Clubs and Tour Planners for all types and ages of groups
– Senior Center Directors & Staff
– Active Adult & Senior Organizations (retirement, fraternal, social groups, etc)
– Church Groups (all ages), and many more!
Experience suggests that you bring colleagues… with this many providers, there’s a lot of ground to cover!
GET READY TO INTERVIEW MINNESOTA’S BEST PROVIDERS!
• Talk IN-PERSON & FACE-TO-FACE before you book.
100+ providers will be exhibiting (See the list below)... offering customizable field trips, day trips, assemblies, performances, classes, camps and programs. They know how to work with – and hold the attention of – groups of all ages, types and sizes of groups – from youth to adult.
Did you want to attend the 2017 MN Field Trip & Activity EXPO this past August, but couldn’t because you were still busy with your own summer programs? Here’s your chance to meet the providers!
• Expect lots of “NEW” every year!
Just because you know a provider… doesn’t mean you “know” them. They thoughtfully develop new summer activities because they know that planners (like you) want “new” and “fresh” programs, performances and field trips for all age groups… so when you talk to them, always ask “WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?“. Examples: One provider has a new traveling hands-on Archeology Program. Another has added a “Pirates” Program. A theatre group has a new summer performance. And another exhibitor has a new “learn to canoe” program… and on it goes…
• Win free field trips and performances!
When visiting their exhibits, make sure you sign up to win free or deeply discounted classes, field trips, programs, performances and much more! With this many exhibitors, you’ve got a great chance of winning!
• We are NOT a booking agency! Work directly with your performer or destination.
• You can’t afford to miss the 2018 Summer Resource Fair, to meet & interview providers, discuss your needs and get your summer planning done! Remember… when you want to work with someone, you will talk directly with that provider…
• Scroll down for last year’s SRF exhibitor list.
Date: Monday, January 8, 2018
Location: Base Camp (see map below)
Attendance is free for activity planners (of youth, student, senior and active adult programs)
Parking: In the Base Camp lot, or at Fort Snelling… ride the free shuttle that will be running between the Fort Snelling parking lots and Base Camp all day!
Set Monday, January 8th in your calendar today!
Your RSVP will help us plan this event better… let us know you’re coming… Thank you! Walk-ins are welcome, too!
We look forward to seeing YOU at the 2018 SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR at Base Camp on January 8th!
List of 2018 EXHIBITORS to date – most are holding drawings for valuable giveaways… like field trips!
- 19th Century Programs with Ole Olson
- AirMaxx Trampoline Park & Fun Center, Eden Prairie
- Albert Lea Tourism and Attractions
- America’s Fun Science / Dr. Tyronne Carter
- Base Camp BSA / Northern Star Council
- Bell Museum of Natural History, Minneapolis
- Big Island Rendezvous & Festival, Albert Lea
- Big Thrill Factory, Minnetonka, Oakdale
- Bowlero / Bowlmore AMF
- Brian Richards – 4 Ace Productions
- Buck Hill Ski & Snowboard Area, Burnsville
- Can Can Wonderland, Saint Paul
- Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Chanhassen
- Cheers Pablo
- Color Me Mine, Maple Grove
- Conquer Ninja Warrior, Blaine, Burnsville, Eden Prairie, Woodbury
- Crayola Experience, Mall of America
- Critters & Company / Greg Olson
- Crystal Cave, Spring Valley
- Dakota Curling Club
- DNR Firewise in the Classroom
- Dodge Nature Center, Saint Paul
- Down in History Tours, Saint Paul
- Eagles Nest Indoor Playground, New Brighton
- Eidem Homestead, Brooklyn Park
- Eko Backen Snow Tubing and Events
- Elite Gymnastics Academy
- Flyover America, Mall of America, Bloomington
- Fun Express
- Gamin’ Ride Entertainment
- Gammelgarden Museum, Scandia
- Gertens Fundraising, Inver Grove Heights
- Have Fun Biking
- HI Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
- High Touch High Tech Science Programs
- Historical Experiences with Arn Kind
- I Know My Way LLC Orienteering
- iBrics by Ardutime
- International Wolf Center
- Keepers of the Sacred Tradition of Pipemakers/Native American Culture Camp & Classes
- Kevin Hall, The Magic Maniac
- Kona Ice Twin Cities
- Lake Pepin Legacy Alliance
- Learning Jet / MN Assn of Women In Aviation
- Leprechaun’s Dreamcycle, St. Paul
- Little Falls CVB & Tourism
- Mall of America
- Minnesota Children’s Museum, Saint Paul
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, Chaska
- Minnesota Renaissance Festival, Shakopee
- Minnesota Zoo & ZooMobile, Apple Valley
- Mooseburger Clown Camp
- National Eagle Center, Wabasha
- National Youth Leadership Council, Saint Paul
- Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America
- Northfield CVB & Tourism
- Orbit Earth Expo – Sparkpoint Innovations
- Padelford Riverboat Company, Saint Paul
- Paradise Charter Cruises, Excelsior
- Park Square Theatre, Saint Paul
- Pavek Museum of Broadcasting, St. Louis Park
- Pine Grove Park & Zoo, Little Falls
- Pinstripes, Edina
- Playworks, Prior Lake
- Regent Arabians, Rogers
- Remarkable Reptiles / Jim Gerholdt
- Revolutionary Sports / John Richardson
- Rich & The Resistors / Teddy Bear Band
- Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center, Superior (WI)
- Science Museum of Minnesota, Saint Paul
- Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium, Mall of America, Bloomington
- Sidekick Theatre, Bloomington
- Skatetime School Programs / Brian Goodmanson
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Parks
- Snapology of Minneapolis
- Special Forces Paintball, Buffalo
- STEAM, Science & Robotics Programs
- SteppingStone Theatre
- Target Center, Minneapolis
- Target Field Tours & Minnesota Twins, Minneapolis
- Teddy Bear Band / Rich & The Resistors
- Teddy Roosevelt Live!
- Textile Center of MN, Minneapolis
- The Jolly Pops / Billy Hartong
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area
- USA Inflatables
- Valleyfair, Shakopee
- Vertical Endeavors • Bloomington, Duluth, Minneapolis, St. Paul
- Village of Yesteryear, Owatonna
- Wells Fargo History Museum, Minneapolis
- Wild Mountain • Taylors Falls Recreation
- Wilderness Inquiry
- Wings Financial Credit Union – Financial Programs for Youth
- Works Museum, Bloomington
- Worlds Finest Chocolate
- Youth Enrichment League / Chet Gunhus
- Zero Gravity Trampoline Park, Mounds View
See you on January 8th!